Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Meter maids

Today I waited for 10 minutes in a parking spot after paying no money, with the car running, while my fiancee took care of some business at the bank. And that's okay, because as far as I know a "meter maid" needs to complete writing his or her ticket before they can ticket you.

When I was a college student a meter maid ticketed me for $20. I stayed there while he wrote it because I was worried I'd get in trouble if I drove off. Later I found out if I drive off, they have to tear up the ticket - though I'm not 100% sure on this, even still.

Because it's legal for meter maids to lie, and it's nearly impossible for a layman to find the law regarding this, most people won't learn the truth about meter maids.

Just another piece of shit rule the government bestows on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment