Tuesday, June 21, 2011

People are stupid - and that's why things are so bad

If human beings weren't, for the most part, so extremely stupid, we wouldn't be in the situation we are today.

As evidence, see the replies from the vast majority of people here who label Thomas Ball a crazy person (even though his farewell note was very sane) and a terrible child abuser who should never see his kids (even though he slapped his daughter once in order to scold her): http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/i1q0f/man_burns_himself_to_death_at_a_new_hamshire/ or http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3419506

Not to mention the inane notions spread throughout that corporal punishment doesn't work or that violence never solves anything.

I've always wondered why I've never gotten along with very many people. In fact, it's because I am not a fucking idiot.

I used to frequent the Something Awful forums, though I don't anymore. I stopped because I never got along with most of the people there, self-righteous white knight pussy-worshipping emasculated fools. There were so many of them and so few like me that I wasn't sure if I was just too damn smart or just crazy.

Turns out I'm one of the few sane people in an insane world. Reddit is full of fools similar to those at Something Awful, although particular reddits such as R/MensRights are slightly better, and the manosphere is much better.

But really, when 99% of people are willing to shit on a guy by falsely calling him crazy and a child abuser, a guy who made a very cogent argument and put himself out there by lighting himself on fire because there was seemingly little else left for him to do to try to open our eyes other than killing someone, as he had tried the political route extensively, my outlook is grim for this species. When 99% of people are idiots, they're going to be hard to save, and I'm not sure they deserve salvation.

edit: A Voice for Men Radio host Paul Elam and guest Dr. Tara Palmatier commented further on how screwed up this culture and the media are. I urge you to listen to the broadcast here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/avoiceformen/2011/06/22/dr-t-accidental-pregnancies-and-entrapment

No comments:

Post a Comment